Always useful to start AWS with budgets. I started AWS with a free trier account for learning purpose. After some week I got a $100 billing notification on my email. I haven’t any clue at that time how the bill came. I did some Google search and I got useful information.
Refer to the below points to set the budget in the AWS and get a notification before the billing amount high.
- Log in to the AWS management console.
- Click on account(right-top) and then My Billing Dashboard
- Click on Budgets(Left-right).
- Click on Create Budget.
- Click on Cost budget and then Set your Budget.
- Fill in the required info:
- Name: Name of budget
- Period: Monthly
- Budget amount: $0.01 and then click on Configure budget.
7. Again fill in the info:
- Threshold base(in %)
- E-mail to get notified and then click on Confirm budget
Happy to help.